Enjoy the music of Éiníní!
Éiníní is a musical duo, made up of Fergus na mEabhrac, the bard, and Winifred, the minstrel. These two musicians have decided to combine their efforts and share their love of folk music from all over the world and from many points in history. We truly love creating beautiful music, and we sincerely hope that you will love listening to the music we create!
We take our name from the traditional Irish Gaelic lullaby, It is pronounced eh-NEE-nee, and it means 'Little Birds.'
- We currently have no upcoming performances until April 2019. We have some applications in to various places, so keep an eye out and we'll update you once we know what's going on!
We have performed for the last five years at the University of Oklahoma Medieval Fair in Norman, from 2014 to 2018. We look forward to performing there again many times in the future!
Other performances include:
- The Arthurian Order of Avalon's 2014 Samhain Feast
- The 2014 Harvest Festival at the Cowley County Renaissance Festival in Arkansas City, Kansas.
- The 1st and 2nd annual Grand Lakes Renaissance Festival, 2015 and 2016, in Ketchum, Oklahoma.
- The 2015 and 2018Oklahoma City Festival of the Arts.
- A fan appreciation concert in October of 2015.
- The Autumn 2016, Spring and Autumn 2017, and Spring 2018 Heavener Runestone Viking/Celtic Festivals.
- The Autumn 2017 and Spring 2018 Great Plains Renaissance Festival in Wichita, Kansas.
- The 2017 Ada Medieval Fair.
- The 2017 Route 66 Renaissance Festival in Kellyville, Oklahoma.
- Three performances at Sean Cumming's Irish Restaurant in Oklahoma City: May, September, and October 2018.
We're always on the lookout for chances to perform at festivals or private venues. If you'd like to have us play for you, then by all means, please contact us!
If you're on Facebook, please like our page to keep up with what we're doing! You can get notifications of upcoming performances, see photos and videos, and even contact us through the Facebook messenger.
Do you want to purchase one of our CDs, or maybe get the album as a digital download?
Our webstore is available for just that purpose! Head on over to see what we've got!
Below are two mp3s, recorded during rehearsal sessions, to give you an idea of how we sound. You can listen to the songs in the embedded media player (the gray bar with the play button) or download the mp3 to your computer to listen to us whenever you want. Some web browsers (especially on mobile devices such as smartphones or iPads) may not recognise the media player; just tap the file name (in blue) next to the speaker icon to hear the song.
The first track, called 'Over by the Riverside,' is a traditional 16th century French piece which has been translated into modern English. The second is a traditional Irish song called 'Old Maid in the Garret.'
Size : 3568.154 Kb
Type : mp3
Size : 4230.492 Kb
Type : mp3
In addition to singing songs, we have added musical stories to our repertoire. Below is a video of 'The Story of Lúsmor,' our first musical story, unveiled at the 2018 Medieval Fair. Special thanks to Fugli for recording and sharing this video!
We love music of all kinds, from all different points in history. We like to take traditional music and put our own particular twist on it. Sometimes, that means just playing a simple song in a straightforward way; singing with strumming guitar for accompaniment. Sometimes, that means coming up with a beautiful arrangement and finding some simple but beautiful harmony (like we did for "Over By the Riverside," "Nottamun Town," and the rounds: "Heigh Ho/Bird/Rose/Soul Cakes"). We don't limit ourselves to any one style; though most of our music tends to be of Irish origin, we've sung in Spanish and Swedish, and have performed music from England and France as well.
For us, making music is its own reward, and getting to share that music with others is an even greater reward! We very much look forward to having a lasting presence and making new friends. As long as we can make beautiful music, we will always enjoy the process and the results, and we hope that you will too!